SLOW is actively looking to recruit a facilitator to move the organisation to its next level.
The job description for the new role is detailed below. Should you wish to apply please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than two A4 pages describing your interest in, and suitability for, this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Friday 26th April 2019
Support Group facilitator
SLOW, a charity supporting bereaved families, is actively looking to recruit a Facilitator to move the organisation to its next level
Based in London, SLOW has offered emotional and practical support to bereaved families that have lost a child in any circumstances for over eleven years. Our unique approach to working with parents and siblings is highly regarded by our members and professionals and we have recently won the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service.
Our work is centred around regular support groups for bereaved parents and quarterly creative workshops for bereaved siblings. Since SLOW began we have drawn on our own experience as bereaved parents and built a community that supports itself.
SLOW currently runs weekly daytime support groups in North and South London, as well as monthly evening support groups in North London. Our North London (Islington) support group is currently thriving and therefore due to demand we are planning to open another weekly daytime group in this area.
Purpose of role
To co-facilitate an existing weekly support group for bereaved parents and to assist with the setting up and the ongoing facilitation of a further weekly support group. Both groups will be based in North London. You will also communicate with bereaved parent members outside of the groups, attend supervision and meetings. This is a self-employed, sessional role that will require travel to support group venue(s) and work from home.
This role will require attendance at our support group venue(s) in North London. Other duties will be carried out at home – the facilitator must have access to a computer and telephone. SLOW will pay direct expenses relating to the role (e.g. telephone, broadband, and stationery charges) and travel where agreed.
Ten hours per week during school term time (39 weeks per year) @ approximately £20 per hour with the potential for more hours.
SLOW is looking for an exceptional individual for this exciting role to:
- Work with the founder, business development manager and trustees to help develop and deliver the vision and strategies of SLOW
- Set up and facilitate a new weekly daytime support group in North London (exact location and day / time to be confirmed)
- To co-facilitate the existing daytime weekly support group in Islington on Wednesdays (11am – 12.30pm)
- Attend debrief sessions, clinical supervision and write reports on group meetings
- Provide direction to volunteers as required
- Correspond with bereaved parents by telephone and email to guide them into the groups or signpost them to other services
- Attend networking meetings and presentations of SLOW work as necessary
- Attend regular team meetings
- A bereaved parent of at least 3 years, please note that this is essential for the role.
- Group facilitation experience in a formal setting – i.e. health, self-help, well- being etc.
- Commitment to SLOW’s open and reflective way of working with parents, embodying a kind and compassionate stance
- Excellent listening skills
- Good telephone, IT and communication skills
- Personal experience as a participantattending an organised support / self-help experiential group – e.g. bereavement support group, group facilitation training, church group, etc.
- An interest in the principles, literature and experiences of grieving for a child or sibling and a commitment to exploring how this can be used to help bereaved parents and families
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter of no more than two A4 pages describing your interest in, and suitability for, this role to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is COB Friday 26th April 2019