SLOW Complaints Procedure
SLOW aims to provide high-quality services which meet your needs. We believe we achieve this most of the time, if we are getting it right please let us know. In order to ensure our service remains at a high and improving standard, we have a procedure through which you can let us know of any reason you are not satisfied with the charity.
Your continued goodwill is greatly valued by us and we would expect to resolve any day to day difficulties or complaints informally and as quickly as possible. In the first instance, we would expect you to raise any complaint directly with the member of staff concerned. If you are unhappy:
- about the SLOW support groups or workshops, please speak to the facilitator for that group.
- with an individual member at SLOW, sometimes it is best to tell them directly. If you feel this is difficult or inappropriate then speak to the facilitator for the group.
- about a support group facilitator please speak to the Bereavement Support Manager (contact details below).
- about something not related to SLOW’s support but related to the administration of the charity please contact the Business and Development Manager (contact details below).
- with the Bereavement Support Manager or the Business and Development Manager please contact the Chair of Trustees (contact details below).
Any member of staff receiving a complaint will listen carefully to what it is about and, if it is within their ability to resolve it, take the necessary action. Often, we will be able to give you a response straight away. When the matter is more complicated, we will give you at least an initial response within five working days. If the staff member cannot resolve the matter to your satisfaction, you will be told about SLOW’s formal complaints procedure below.
The aim of the formal complaints’ procedure is to provide an explanation, or an apology or a framework for working towards a resolution where appropriate, and to identify any steps to be taken to prevent a recurrence. The formal procedure is intended for use by members when informal communication has not resolved the problem.
If you do wish to raise a matter formally, please contact us via the details below. All written complaints will be logged. You will receive a written acknowledgement within three working days. The aim is to investigate your complaint properly and give you a reply within ten working days, setting out how the problem will be dealt with. If this is not possible, an interim response will be made informing you of the action taken to date or being considered.
If, after we have responded, you are not satisfied, please write to the Chair who will investigate the circumstances leading to the complaint and will communicate the results of the investigation to you within a reasonable time – normally within 20 working days of the complaint being received. If the complaint is found to be justified, the Chair will agree any necessary further action with you. The Chair will keep the Trustee Board informed of the number and nature of complaints, and the outcomes.