SLOW is a flourishing community of bereaved parents and siblings that has been providing group support for bereaved families for nearly 13 years.
As it’s volunteer week we’d like to give a big shout out to all our very special volunteers who give so much of their time and personal commitment to keep SLOW running smoothly, helping us maintain the quality of support that is the hallmark of SLOW – caring, community and connection.
Our volunteers support the work of SLOW in a wide range of activities:-
- Our expert SLOW group facilitators, Susie and Tim, provide dedicated group support for our bereaved parents throughout the year.
- Our group support volunteers, Maria and Liz, who provide invaluable support in a number of ways – talking to new members, providing a welcoming environment, and organising the refreshments at groups.
- Our volunteers who work at SLOWsibs – the wonderful Rachel, Kat, and Mandy.
- Our adult bereaved parent and sibling volunteers who give their time and expertise to support the work of SLOWsibs – Lisa, Shushma, and Fatima.
- Our Young Leader volunteers – young people who have attended SLOWsibs for many years and now support younger children in the group – Nina, Hamish, and Bessie.
- Our volunteers who help us with our strategic planning, facilitating Planning Days and Focus groups – Radojka and Helen.
- Our supervisors who donate their time to SLOW to provide brilliant clinical supervision for our team – Steve and Sara.
- Ben – who examines our annual accounts and helps with our finances.
- Our technical support volunteer – Charlie.
- And finally, our trustees who donate their time voluntarily to sustain SLOW at a governance level and have a passion and commitment for the work we do – Andy, Helen, Fin, Kieran, Pippa, Sara and Tim.
We whole-heartedly thank you for all your time and support.